The factory was founded in Nuremberg by father and son,
August and Walter Scherf. Walter Scherf previously worked
for the Orivit factory in Cologne from 1895 and he himself
became one of the important designers for the new factory.
Over a period of 11 years about 1.300 models were manufactured.
The factory also produced models by other important designers
like Friedrich Adler, Hermann Gradl and Hermann Friling.